Friday, December 5, 2014

Month in numbers November 2014


It's been a while since I recorded my numbers :) why is that?  

Because I have 1 new job :) 0.64 part time but actually lots of hours planning, marking and supervising detentions!  It is a brilliant job but teaching has a way of taking over your time and I do miss my gap year. Maybe I will have another one sometime soon. So this month ...

I have been enjoying walking to school (some days!) and watching the trees change and winter come in. 

36 beautiful and amazingly creative calligrammes made by my year 8 class. That is as many pupils in one class than were in the whole of year 8 in my last school!  We have been studying Apollinaire's calligrammes, fabulous surrealist poems in the shape of the object they describe, I wondered if it would be too difficult but as always my students totally over deliver!  They write beautiful words and illustrated them perfectly.  Very proud.

2 children at school and enjoying their learning this year. This month we have been mostly reading and learning our tables.  

Thousands of poppies at the Tower of London, a truly inspiring sight and I was really impressed that the children took it in and talked so intelligently about Remembrance Day.  I was very proud when w got his british  legion wristband and said he was going to look at it and think about the soldiers who died.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the job, and surely you're being modest praising the kids for their work ... I'm sure you had a part to play in inspiring them!

    I like the idea of you keeping a gap-year in your back pocket ..... for when you fancy taking another!

    Thanks so much for joining me once again Katie. Your November is pinned to the Month in Numbers board with the others now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    Here's to a festive and fun December ahead!

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete