Monday, January 5, 2015

Month in numbers December 2014



3 years since we stayed up until midnight at new year!  Fabulous party with local friends and we made it to midnight, even better no one woke up until 8.11, that is unheard of in our house!  How lovely to spend time with our friends and see our children playing with new and old friends.  

My first nativity :) a feature of having William is that he is often poorly at Christmas time and I have missed all sorts of important things.  But this year I left my year 10 class watching Romauld and Juliette (brilliant film!) and went to see w being a shepherd, he had been refusing to join in but succumbed to peer pressure and dressed up, then he ended up at the front singing his shepherd song with real gusto, I was very proud :) This was a great follow up to M singing all I want for. Christmas in the carol concert at the start of the week.  



184 people counted on the clicker on the door of the Ag for Hometown Hifi's Xmas gig.  It was on black eye Friday apparently!  The last day of term and everyone was ready to party,  Charlotte and I did the door and mostly remembered to click the counter when we took the money!  The night was brilliant, the band rocked and I saw some lovely faces from the old days at the Ag :) we even stayed for the after party and went home at 2.30! Rock and roll!


Lots of prosecco and lots of laughing when my lovely friends came to stay for dinner and crackers with fab photo booth props.  


5.25am. "Mummy do you think he has been yet?"  Whilst the hour was too early it is lovey how excited the children were for christmas this year.  They enjoyed the build up and made a fabulous list of great Christmas treats at the end of the school holidays.  We had a relaxing and fun Christmas Day, church is on Christmas Eve and W was so sweet rushing back from the crib to tell me 'facts' about baby Jesus! This also means we can get up and potter on Christmas morning.  Some more Christmas stats - 9 kilos of Turkey eaten by 6 people and 0 hours of Christmas telly on the day. Perfect :) 

My month in numbers is the idea of Julie Kirk check out her writing at http://notesonpaper.blogspot.co.uk






2 comments:

  1. Well ... belated Merry Christmas to you!! Sounds like you had a really special one last year. Lots of celebrating going on there. And how nice to have your own little shepherd!

    And I bet you enjoyed all that clicking ... did it feel official?! ;-)

    Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to your numbers [I blame flu + the whole 'getting back into the swing of everything post-Christmas' thing ... apologies!]. And even more apologies for not - yet - being able to add your pin to the board. Pinterest keeps telling me there are no photos in your post ... and yet I can *see* them!! I'll try again on another machine once I'm back at home OR .. if you use Pinterest and manage to get it to work for you - I'll just re-pin it from yours. Just let me know if you do.

    Thanks for joining in with your festive stats - wishing you all a happy 2015!

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! I tried again to save your post to the MinN board - on my own laptop this time round and it worked! You're now alongside the other number-counter-uppers here: http://www.pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete